Pages

Want an honest opinion about Pinterest recipes you have come to the right place. I will give you my honest opinion about recipes from Pinterest about Low Carb/High Fat recipes plus regular ones too

06 April 2015

Chocolate Low Carb Doughnuts

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter, all was great here. I have found out if I could keep my butt off Pinterest I would have more time or enough time to blog every day LOL.

I finally have a low carb/high fat recipe of my own, well sort of LOL
How about some Chocolate Donuts. OMG they were so good. My 11 year old picky daughter really like them a lot. But told me next time not so much chocolate, cause they were really chocolaty, oh but so good.
Here is a picture of my doughnuts, not the pretties but you can eat them and that is all the mattered.


ignore the date on the picture my camera has issues 

The original recipe comes from here 
now this recipe is not low carb 
here is my recipe for this doughnut which is low carb 

    Chocolate Low Carb Doughnuts 

    For the donuts:

    • 1 cup carbquick 
    • 1/4 cup of Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup 
    • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
    • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional) didn't add these to my doughnuts
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 egg
    • 6 tablespoons sour cream
    • 1/4 cup heavy cream 
    • 1/4 cup olive oil but you could use coconut oil 

    For the glaze:  I didn't make the glaze cause my sugar replace is Agave and not fond of glazed doughnuts anyways 

    • 2 cups powdered sugar
    • 6 tablespoons whole milk
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla

    To make the donuts:

    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the carbquick, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and baking soda.
    3. In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk, SF chocolate syrup and oil.
    4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
    5. Spoon in a greased donut pan.
    6. Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.
    7. Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing.

    To make the glaze:

    1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the sugar, milk, and vanilla until well combined. Remove from the heat.
    2. Dunk the donuts in the glaze to fully coat and place on a wire rack to set.
  • That is it, they are really easy to make, I got 9 doughnuts out of the batch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment