Pages

Want an honest opinion about Pinterest recipes you have come to the right place. I will give you my honest opinion about recipes from Pinterest about Low Carb/High Fat recipes plus regular ones too

07 April 2015

Turkey Chorizo Burgers

Here are my dinner plans for the rest of the week, well there could always be changes LOL. But I find if I have a meal plan in place I don't stress out so much as to what to fix for dinner and then do I have all the ingredients. Usually on Wednesday's I sit and plan the next weeks meals and do my grocery shopping lists at the same time. Then I have all the ingredients I need to make that weeks dishes. I also find that we have a lot less waste especially when it comes to the fresh veggies. And the most important part is to write it down LOL I have been know to buy ingredients and then forget what I wanted it for. Like a jar of artichoke hearts, haven't a clue why I needed them.

Tonight for dinner we are having I am kind of combining 3 recipes here.
   Turkey Chorizo Burgers original recipe here Table for Two Blog
   and seasonings from the recipe Tex Mex Turkey Burger recipe here on PackMomma and the sauce from this recipe Chorizo Burgers with Cool Ranch Pepper  Sauce on On Recipe.

Cool Ranch Pepper Sauce
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbl Buttermilk Ranch Seasoning
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 whole roasted red pepper, seeds removed
  • 1 Tbl butter
  • 1 Tbl olive oil
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne
  • 1/2 tsp cumin

  • Instructions
  1. Place the butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
  2. Sauté until translucent and caramelized. ~10 minutes.
  3. When the onions are done, place the onions (leaving behind the juices), roasted pepper, buttermilk, ranch, mayo, paprika, cayenne and cumin in a food processor pulsing until well combined.
  4. Transfer to a lidded container and place in the fridge while the burgers cook.

Turkey Chorizo Burgers

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • ½ pound chorizo sausage
  • (seasons from Tex Mex Burger)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 small bell pepper (any color), seeded and finely chopped
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp liquid smoke
  • Salt and Pepper
  • If you want your burgers on the hot spices side you can add these, I didn't don't do hot 
  • 1 tsp sirracha sauce
  • 1 1/2 tsp cayenne hot sauce
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
  • cheese of your choice, I am using American 

Instructions

I am cooking my on the stove as it is a bit too chill yet to grill outside. 
  1. Preheat grill to high heat.
  2. In a large bowl, gently combine ground turkey and chorizo and all the seasonings then form four ½ inch thick patties (mine were definitely way thicker than this so try to keep them on the thinner side so it won't be so hard/messy to eat) and using your thumb, press down the center of the burger to keep the patty from puffing up when grilling. Don't over mix 
  3. In place the patties on the grill and cook for about 7-10 minutes or whenever the meat thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the center of the burger. Turn the grill to low heat and place the cheese slices on each patty and let it melt gently, about 1 minute
The Sauce is to die for, I give that 5 Stars. the Burger themselves weren't right, have to adjust the seasonings when I try them again. 3 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment