Pages

Want an honest opinion about Pinterest recipes you have come to the right place. I will give you my honest opinion about recipes from Pinterest about Low Carb/High Fat recipes plus regular ones too

21 October 2014

Sitting here watching Sleepy Hollow, dinner is in the crockpot today. Nice hot meal for a cool rainy day. We are having Jerk Pork Roast, red beans and rice. And I can not wait. 
I use Paula Dean's recipe for Jerk seasoning
Now I didn't have a scotch bonnet pepper so I just added a bit of ancho chili powder, since I don't like it too hot I didn't add much. 
I put it on my pork roast the day before, so it can marinate over night. Cook in the crockpot on low for 8 hours and you have some delicious meat. LOVE it. 

Jerk Spice:
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed Scotch bonnet pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well-mixed. Store in an airtight container.

Yield: 1/2 cup
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen



No comments:

Post a Comment